The holiday season is a time of celebration, good foods and beverages, and many times, over indulgence. To help ease your stomach back to health, try one of these smoothies to feel your best through the festivities.
These three smoothie recipes are delicious, healthy and satisfying.
Cinnamon Berry Smoothie
Recipe by Hello Glow
yield 1 -2 servings
Vanilla and cinnamon are the perfect complement to the berries in this creamy smoothie.
- 1 ½ cups dairy free milk
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup frozen berries
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 drops vanilla extract (optional)
- Add ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
Ginger Pineapple Tummy Soothing Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup 2% or nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- Optional: A few fresh mint leaves
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy immediately. Makes 2 smoothies.
Healthy Gut Smoothie
- ¾ cup plain whole milk kefir I use goat milk kefir
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk of choiceI use coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 leaves or 2 kale chopped
- 1 teaspoons to 2 fresh gingerpeeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 leaves to 6 fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons green tea matcha powder
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste for flavor, and add a small amount of honey if desired.