Flowering bulbs can satisfy your yearning for color and life during the cold weather and frigid temperatures of winter. It is easy to grow an inspirational indoor garden. With a few simple ingredients and containers you can find around your home, you can force bulbs and grow pussy willow to enjoy all winter long.
Rocks (we used small decorative white ones)
Note: Containers can be found around the home or you can find attractive ones at West Elm, Michaels, and at thrift shops.
1. Place rocks in the container.
2. Place bulb or bulbs in the container.
3. Add water so it just touches the roots. Take care not to fill the container with too much water to avoid root rot.
TO ENSURE ROOTS ARE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO DRINK, REPLENISH WATER AS NECESSARY EVERY FEW DAYS.
4. Place container near a window so that your bulb has access to light.
5. Enjoy watching your bulb grow and sprout beautiful indoor florals in the midst of outside cold temps.
Regarding the care of winter potted plants, like pussy willow: