Live streaming of all the Kentucky Derby events on the terrace. Celebrate Derby Day. Enjoy the Mint Julep bar with multiple flavors, delight in derby bite-size fare, listen to live music and experience “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports.” $20 per person. May 6 3- 7 p.m. Salamander Resort & Spa, 500 N Pendleton St, Middleburg, Virginia 20117 http://www.salamanderresort.com
Chalk Paint BYIO Workshop
Maison Warehouse hosts a BYOP class where you bring your own piece to paint. The course will focus on a simple distressed finish and waxing techniques. This class offers more in-depth, hands on training and gives the opportunity for some more personalized tips and tricks with the trainer. The ideal piece for this course should be small enough for you to carry and similar in scale to a small side table, lamp, mirror or frame. If you have a larger piece, such as a dresser, just bring a drawer! A picture of the room where the piece sits in your home will help make color selection easier and ensure the perfect look!
Class fee includes: personalized instruction, a sample pot of the color of your choice, use of classroom waxes and brushes. Because pieces will vary in type and size, additional materials may need to be purchased to complete your project at home.
Workshop Attendees Enjoy 10% OFF Annie Sloan Products. Make purchases within workshop registration forms.
Coffee and light snacks provided. 6 Seats are available. Fee: $95.00
Fashion in the Country
The Itinerary: Food and Fun Starting at Noon
- Cocktails and Hors d’oeuvres
- Wine tastings and wine will be provided by Greenhill Winery & Vineyards. Their award-winning wines are sure to please your palate. The 2015 Chardonnay, produced in the traditional Burgundy method, recently won Double Gold in the San Francisco Chronicle’s Wine Competition.
- The bartenders may look familiar. Many of the Windy Hill Foundation Board members will be behind the bar, serving up your favorite drinks.
- The Luncheon
- Food will be provided by Bluewater Kitchen, an amazing farm-to-table caterer who specializes in fresh, local cuisine. They work hand-in-hand with farmers and ranchers around Loudoun County to develop fare that’s both delicious and sustainable.
- The Fashion Show
- Our Emcee for the afternoon will once again be the fabulous Tom Sweitzer. He’s charming, hilarious, and well, we can’t wait to hear what he has to say this year!
- At least nine local boutiques will be presenting their wares in the show. Shops like Lou Lou, Highcliffe Clothiers, Tully Rector, and Stitch will be there, as well as Mystique Jewelers, who will be opening their storefront in Middleburg in May.
- Who will be modeling this year? It’s always a surprise! You might see your neighbor, your mechanic, or even your pizza guy walking down the runway, looking like a million bucks. Our models are always dressed to impress and sure to please!
Join Us for an Unforgettable Afternoon!
Join us for an afternoon full of spectacular wine, food, and people. The proceeds will benefit Windy Hill Foundation, an organization committed to providing affordable housing to families in Loudoun County and the surrounding area. Every dollar not only helps us fund housing projects, but it also enables us to run programs like Study Buddies, Teen Time, and our extremely popular summer camp.
We look forward to seeing you at Fashion in the Country.
Mint Julep Tea at the Aldie Mill
Mint Julep Tea, April 29, 2017 1- 3 p.m. $38 Reserve Your Ticket "Here"
Join a small group in the historic 200-year-old Aldie Mill for our "Mint Julep Tea & Program." The full afternoon tea will be catered by Calling Card Events, and will include scones with cream and jam, finger sandwiches, tea breads and assorted desserts, all accompanied by endless pots of tea, including Mint Fields Tea from Dominion Tea in Purcellville, Virginia, and the exclusive Aldie Mill Blend. Following the tea, guests will join members of the Aldie Horticultural Society to create a unique floral arrangement as their special memento of the day. This workshop will feature a Kentucky Derby arrangement in a stainless steel mint julep cup to take home just in time for the annual Derby the following weekend.
2nd Annual Fairfax Corner Art Festival
April 29th and 30th 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The shopping, entertainment and dining mecca of Fairfax Corner will transform once again into an outdoor art showcase during the 2nd Annual Fairfax Corner Art Festival. Monument Corner Drive will feature more than 100 national and international artists, arranged in pop-up gallery style and filled with all mediums of fine art for two days on April 29th – 30th. Whether your passions run to sparkling jewels and one of a kind paintings; exquisitely crafted glasswork or an art deco sculpture, you are sure to find it during this free, two-day event.
Presented by Howard Alan Events (HAE), producer of the nation’s finest juried art shows, the 2nd Annual Fairfax Corner Art Festival represents original, hand crafted artwork selected by an independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants. HAE’s careful vetting process ensures a wide array of mediums and price ranges will be offered during the festival. Visitors are encouraged to engage the artists and discover the inspirations and processes behind each stunning work. All artists are on-site for the duration of the two-day festival. Parking is available and well-behaved pets on leashes are always welcomed.
Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival Party
Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival
A nationally top-ranked fine art and craft festival that typically attracts 30,000+ patrons, the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival is held on the streets of Reston Town Center each year on the third weekend in May - this year: May 20 & 21, 2017.
The event highlights skilled artisans who utilize both traditional and unconventional materials and techniques to create hand-crafted, original works of art available for purchase. The sheer diversity of fine art and craft at the Festival, now in its 26th year, ensures that there is something for every taste and budget. One of the highlights of visiting the festival is having the opportunity to interact directly with the participating artists. Experience the art and bring the family because we also feature FREE hands-on art activities for children in Family Art Park. May 20 & 21, 2017, Reston Town Center, http://restonarts.org/fineartsfestival2017/